Sunday, February 9, 2014

The Purge

I'd have to say the most liberating experience was selling off all of my personal belongings (the replaceable shit), and stuff my entire life into a 70 liter backpack!   

Craigslist is a godsend!  I was able to completely purge my entire life on this website! 



It was all actually happening.  I'm moving to the other side of the world, it's now so real!  Looking at a backpack knowing that this is literally all that I own is a strange awakening, but incredibly liberating.

The anticipation of going was intense, but only mixed with conflicting feelings about leaving everything I knew and loved behind.  I was so excited, but sad not knowing the next time I would step foot on American soil.

In those last two days, Seattle was on the global stage.  The Seattle Seahawks made it to the Super Bowl, and immediately after the game I was to head to the airport to leave.

Seattle in all their glory, pummeled the Denver Broncos and were now world champs!  The city erupted in jubilation...the city was electric!  Fireworks shot from the top of the space needle in brilliant form.  Everyone flooded the streets to celebrate Seattle's first world championship.

The city and all my friends celebrated something they had never experienced before, and all I could do was watch from a rear view mirror.  This was hard, but I knew it was time to go.  

Congratulations, Seattle!  I will miss you.


  
    

 

No comments:

Post a Comment